BW Epic Kosan owns and operates a fleet of 75 modern and high quality fully pressurised,semi-refrigerated and ethylene capable gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquified petroleum gas (LPG), petrochemicals and other speciality gases.We are headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Copenhagen, London, Manila, and Tokyo. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses throughout Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Europe, West Africa, and the Americas. We employ approximately 2,000 seafarers and a multi-national team of about 200 shore-based staff.BW Epic Kosan invites applications for the position of
|SHIP APPLICATION SPECIALIST - SINGAPORE OFFICE|
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for installing and maintaining IT systems on board BW Epic Kosan
ships in accordance with company's standards and best practice. This will
require you to travel to different parts of the world, to visit all our vessels trading
globally, and carry out onboard maintenance and trouble shooting. You must possess
in-depth knowledge, experience & understanding of the use of the following Ship IT
systems and its underlying data and has the ability to validate the data and make any
amendments/improvements as required:
- Ship communication system installation and maintenance - VSAT, Fleet Broadband
- Business Email and Crew welfare communication software
- Planned Maintenance Systems (preferably ShipNet One)
- Vessel Procurement and positioning Systems (preferably ShipNet One fleet module)
- Vessel Safety Management Systems.
- Vessel Crew Management applications.
- You should have the ability to:
- Analyse how data maps between independent systems, e.g. for integration purposes
- Pull reports from the underlying databases
- Assess the validity of data and perform corrections as needed
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in managing Ship IT systems, including experience in troubleshooting,
- Supporting computer applications & operating systems.
- Hands on knowledge with Planned Maintenance Systems including implementation.
- Marine engineering sailing background is preferred.
- Maintain an administrative control over Ship's type of machinery, jobs carried out, scheduling, running hours
- Monitoring, inventory control, updating new spares/ inventory to database (Referring to Ship's Operational
Manuals, & updating databases as required).
- Manage vessel cyber security related applications.
- Familiar with:
- Procurement Systems on board vessel & monitor ShipNet Fleet and ship/ office interface, troubleshoot
database synch problems.
- Extracting reports using available Reporting modules.
- Safety Management Systems, operational reports, customization of reporting formats.
- Experienced with Ship's Networking Knowledge, Fleet Broadband Communication & Email Systems; and
troubleshooting related problems.
- Proactive, organised & outcome driven.
- Ability to work under tight timelines & a team player.
BW Epic Kosan offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department
at https://bwek.recruiterpal.com/career/jobs?category=mbl1y. Website: www.bwek.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that BW Epic Kosan operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.