BW Epic Kosan owns and operates a fleet of 75 modern and high quality fully pressurised, semi-refrigerated and ethylene capable gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquified petroleum gas (LPG), petrochemicals and other speciality gases. We are headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Copenhagen, London, Manila, and Tokyo. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses throughout Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Europe, West Africa, and the Americas. We employ approximately 2,000 seafarers and a multi-national team of about 200 shore-based staff.BW Epic Kosan invites applications for the position of
|SHIP MANAGER - SINGAPORE & COPENHAGEN OFFICE|
- Manage the daily technical & operational matters of a group of vessels covering the overall vessels
maintenance, general condition, operational performance, repairs.
- Maintain stringent cost control of operating budget including financial reporting and
preparing of vessels' annual budgets..
- Ensure vessels are certificated in accordance to International regulations. Plan surveys and inspections, and
any condition of class are completed within scheduled dates.
- Responsible for Drydock repairs - specification, planning and execution, budget/bill settlement.
- Conduct Management Inspections. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective
and preventive action.
- Review and respond to vessel technical reports and equipment performance monitoring. Review vessels record
keeping and documentation to comply to International regulations and Company's Policies and Procedures.
- Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stakeholders to
- Implement and maintain a safe, environmentally friendly, dependable and cost effective standard in accordance
with corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish consistent, professional and efficient service delivery standards at all times.
- Mentor and train officers and crew.
- Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
- Interview engine officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the Fleet Managers.
- Holding Chief Engineers Certificate of Competency.
- Sailing experience on MAN B&W ME type engines as Chief Engineer or 1st Assistant Engineer preferred on
LPG / Ethylene / Ethane Vessels.
- Technologically driven, comfortable working in a digital environment, logical process development.
- No shore experience required.
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
- Ability to develop, improve and implement safe, and cost effective technical vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels' management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-
BW Epic Kosan offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department at https://bwek.recruiterpal.com/career/jobs?category=mbl1y. Website: www.bwek.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that BW Epic Kosan operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.