Epic Gas owns and operates a fleet of fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas and petrochemicals. The company controls a fleet of 39 vessels which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 115 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERINTENDENT - LONDON OFFICEKey Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the HSE Manager and Operations & Quality Manager.
- Analyse reports such as Safety, SIRE/CDI inspection, PSC inspections, Internal audits, Near misses, Incidents/Accidents. Where required, advice vessels on matters related to marine activities.
- Monitor the evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements and plan the implementation of the same on vessels.
- Conduct internal audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
- Prepare and conduct trainings for officers and crew.
- Conduct safety, environmental and security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Review and respond to safety and other reports received from vessels.
- Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
- Assist HSE Manager, Operations & Quality Manager and Group Marine Assurance Manager on marine and safety related issues on vessels.
- Carry out management inspections and identify issues that may impact quality assurance.
- Interview deck officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the GM.
- Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Master Mariner with minimum 2 years' sailing experience as a Master on LPG Vessels.
- Previous work experience ashore in a similar role handling LPG vessels is desirable.
- Ability to travel and respond at short notice.
- Ability to improve/develop and implement safe, dependable and cost-effective vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels' management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, organized, “hands on” attitude with a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness and drive.
- Proactive, open-minded with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the
Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.